Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Easy Garlic Salmon Skillet Dinner!

Here is the finished result of a throw it in the pan fish meal that I tried on Sunday. It was successful and so yummy. Most people know fish is very healthy, so lately I've been into eating A LOT of fish and trying to make it taste yummy. In the past, fish was never one of my favorite foods, but if prepared certain ways, even as a non fish lover, I've grown to actually LIKE fish A LOT to where I crave it. Here is a quick recipe to a fast skillet dinner that's healthy, nutritional, and yummy!

First off, on a whim I decided to "skin a fresh pineapple" and cut it into bite size pieces. I set it aside for later use to eat, and for garnishing my salmon dish.

Then going through my spice cabinet, I decided since salmon has a more fishy taste, to use stronger spices...so I ended up with lemon pepper, sea salt, fresh garlic that I chopped, and fresh green onion that I chopped. (I used 3 fresh garlic cloves cut finely, and 4 fresh green onion stalks cut finely.)

Next in my new Orgreenic non stick all non toxic skillet. (I'm sure you all have seen the commercial for these and all I have to say is they work great and made from non toxic non stick pans, and you don't have to use ANY oil or butter with ANYTHING using these skillets. Amazing!) Anyway, I put one still frozen salmon fillet in the skillet without oil. So excited about that! :-) However, if you use a different brand of skillet, then you'll need to use olive oil to keep fillet from sticking.

Next I coated both the bottom and the top with my seasoning mixture of lemon pepper, sea salt, chopped garlic, and chopped green onion. I coated the bottom first, common sense as to the amount of lemon pepper and sea salt to sprinkle on going on personal taste, and then carefully flipped with care making sure my seasonings stayed in place on the bottom and repeated this process on the top as shown.

Not to forget that I had cooked a serving of wild rice mixed with brown rice to go with my dish. It takes brown rice mixed with wild rice about 50 minutes to cook, so I cooked my rice before I cooked the fish so everything would be ready to go and eat. I was hungry! :-) (1 Cup of wild/brown rice mixture, 2 cups water, bring rice and water to a boil over medium to medium high heat, then add a lid to the pan, reduce heat to low and let cook covered for 50 minutes until all water is drained out and vahlah!...most people are going duh on this one. :-) )

2 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering just thinking about making this, myself! Chef Ramsey would be proud";-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tastes like chicken. Just joking!

    ReplyDelete