Monday, January 30, 2012

All Natural Chicken Fried Steak

Tried making all natural Chicken Fried Steak dinner for a friend and myself with all natural grass fed beef, and brown rice flour w/natural seasonings. I have to say, for a first try not bad, but being someone who likes food super spicy, it came out wayyyy toooo bland for my liking, so next time I make this I know just what to add to it to give it more kick! I'll add a touch of chili powder, chop up a few fresh garlic cloves, and add a lot more freshly ground black pepper!

Mixed my "too bland" seasonings together with Rice Flour and then covered beef with the flour mixture on both sides.....

Then covered both sides of the beef with egg, then dipped the egg covered beef back in the flour mixture.

Fried in skillet

Rice Flour Chicken Fried Steak Done

Oops!.....forget to make a side dish, so pulled lentils from frig and reheated, and instead of making a high calorie white gravy for the chicken fried steak, made a white sauce from 1/2 Cup pureed white beans, 1 Cup of rice milk with garlic to taste, sea salt to taste, and freshly ground black pepper to taste.....thanks to a tip from a friend in Texas. Both she and her husband are excellent cooks. Thanks Melissa! Tasted great and not all the calories and fat of the regular white gravy....I plan to make the "white bean gravy" from now on now. I mashed the beans by hand, so they weren't all "pureed" but next time I'll do it right and use a food processor to get them nice and smooth!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...cool! Amazing how you can do so many of the 'same' recipes using healthy ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna. Yes, you're so right. That is what is "fun" about eating all healthy now....finding out some of the good ole favorite recipes can be healthy.

    ReplyDelete