Monday, January 30, 2012

Brown Rice Flour Pancakes!

Tried my hands at making Brown Rice Flour pancakes this weekend. Took me THREE tries at it before I got the pancakes just right. The flour made from Brown Rice fried A LOT faster than wheat flour...it seemed like as soon as I poured the batter in the frying pan it was done on one side. The first 3 were burnt badly. I felt like such a dum, dum! Finally got it right. This is a healthy non-gluten(doesn't turn to glucose sugar when digested) pancakes, wheat free, and lactose free...guilt free too. They taste really light! (this is NOT one of my original recipes....found it on the internet) I used my sugar free natural blueberry jam as the spread.


Ingredients used......1 Cup Rice Milk, 1 Cup Brown Rice Flour, 1 tbsp non aluminum Baking Powder, 1 Cage Free Brown Egg, 1/2 tsp Sea Salt, I FORGOT to photo the 2 tsp olive oil....mix all together....

Pour batter into hot frying pan or griddle, over medium high heat; with the rice flour, it's ready to flip in literally a few seconds, otherwise it's burnt...you can tell when the top is really all bubbly like you see in the photo

Vahlah! Done, healthy, guilt free, light, yummy!

2 comments: