Monday, May 28, 2012

My Latest Gift/Blessing!

This past weekend some old childhood friends were in town visiting another old friend of theirs.  I'm realizing having friends from my childhood is such a blessing in life!  No one knows you more than those you grew up with except family of course.  Even if you don't keep in contact often, you always know the people you grew up with.  Anyway, they (Helen Chadwick-the mom, Brenda Watkins--childhood friend, and Janet Thacker--childhood friend (all use to be Chadwicks...two sisters married w/different last names) brought me a LIFESIZED STUFFED PANTHER and a stuffed panther cub.  I love it, and though we're all grown now, live in different states, and don't keep in touch often, they still know me well.  I was touched!  I need to do something for them.  I got it after Church services yesterday evening.  The pic doesn't do this gift justice....it looks more real in person....last night I got up in the middle of the night for a glass of water and I jumped out of my own skin when I turned on the light and saw "the panther" on my floor, and I had put it there myself.  ha, ha!  Loving my new fashion statement in my house!

TWO YEARS AGO Mrs. Prichard gave me the below lifesized stuffed tiger.  Funny that gray seems to be the color that I'm always wearing when to pose with "the animals."  ha, ha....totally different years and outfits too!  This tiger has been used for service, ha, ha....last year it was used on Armstrong Auditorium stage with the Imperial Kids end of the year show.  A performing tiger.  :-)  I should never complain about life.  I've got great people  in it.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carolyn, I just love your designs and you look so good. When will you be visiting South Africa again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brenda! Not sure when I'll be back in South Africa. It's such a loooong flight. I'm internationally traveled out at the moment. :-)

    ReplyDelete