Monday, May 14, 2012

How Mothers Day Went!

 Yesterday was Mothers Day; great day!  I bought my mom FIVE new modern kitchen gadgets to have.  Hopefully she liked them...she said she did.  I also cooked dinner for her and my dad so she didn't have to...I think she liked that more than the gifts!  I didn't take a photo of her gifts before I gave them to her unfortunately!  The photo above though was an ironic gift to me from my dad though.  I wasn't expecting it.  He came over and gave me this lily flower plant and said I'm not a mom, but am worthy of being one and didn't want me to feel left out on mothers day since most of my friends are all married with kids, so he bought me a gift on mothers day.  TOO SWEET!!!...I was touched and this was totally unexpected!  Great but busy day yesterday....I managed to get five loads of laundry done amidst everything else...don't make fun...I may be single, but I have a ton of clothes...ummm maybe too many to have to do 5 loads just for myself!
 I made my mom homemade ginger ale as well in which she loved...sweetened with stevia of course ...no sugar added! and used sparkling water to get the fizz!
and I ended the day by making myself homemade root beer sweetened with stevia instead of sugar and used sparkling water to get the fizz.  Homemade taste so much better than store bought anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment