Monday, April 14, 2014

Photos of Our NTBMO Dinner Prep

 A few pics of our NTBMO prep! God willing it should be really special....trying to keep the sharp focus on the meaning of the night.
ABOVE:  Last Wednesday after work, Ariel, Jamie, and I moved furniture around my home and moved tables and other things in place, and then checked out our decor ideas on pinterest.
Below:  The dinner setting in the raw!

 The frig was empty after deleavening, and knowing frig space would be needed for NTBMO ingredients,  I kept it pretty empty...so this is what I came up w/for dinner.  Pretty yummy!
 Above:  No time figuring out what to make for breakfast the next morning, but my bud Gladys was so kind and brought me breakfast!  Wow, Great and amazing friend!!!
 Yesterday on a VERY BUSY, understatement, Sunday afternoon, Ariel, Jamie, and I worked super hard on cooking a lot of the NTBMO food before heading to the most solemn service of the year.  It was Ariel's first year baptized too.
 Before cooking I ironed the linen table cloths.  I can see why God uses linen cloth as an example of something to have without spot or wrinkle.  It's soooo difficult ironing linen!
 Then I begin working on finishing up some of the napkins I hadn't sewn yet.  Last minute rush!

 Ariel's first time handling duck!  She's trying to figure out how to stick her hand in the inside to pull out the inners.  ha, ha!  Funny, long story, but she got it!  I love how Jamie is watching her from afar!
I was able to get inside the duck to loosen up what needed to come out.  Then, Ariel was able to get it all out!  I know, gross, but that's real meat handling right there!  Next time maybe we'll actually go shoot the duck too.  JOKING!  Ariel conquered the duck in the end, it's inners came out, and it was ready to be stuffed and cooked!

 We were doing so many things at one time, so of course I had to have a blooper!
ABOVE:  My blooper, burnt rice!  I decided it was time for us to take a break and eat dinner ourselves before we wilted like flowers left unwatered, but in all the NTBMO cooking, sewing, etc, I forgot I had put rice on the stove.  What a waste!  Oh well!
Below, what I ended up cooking us for dinner yesterday after my burnt blooper.  Turned out yummy, so ended up being happy the rice dinner idea got smoked out!  :-)

 NTBMO food prep.  I mixed red quinoa, millet, celery, and onions making a pilaf.
 Shown in the background, Jamie was preparing the onion and turkey bacon for the leg of lamb.she was roasting in the oven.
 Figuring out what to do with the leftover yellow fabric from the napkins.
Not enough time to eat breakfast this Monday morning....so again, my bud Gladys to the rescue.  I didn't even ask, it's like she just read me that I hadn't eaten, and she gave me HOMEMADE sausage made by her, and ULB biscuit and eggs for breakfast!  Cool pal!

Here's a sneak peek of our menu:
Night To Be Much Observed 2014!
Appetizer:  Meatballs in Wine Sauce
Salad:  Strawberry Avocado Salad drizzled with Strawberry Dressing
Soup:  Creamy Chilled Cucumber and Avocado
Main Entrée:
Roast Loin of Beef, Stuffed Chicken Florentine, Roasted Stuffed Duck, Braised Lamb with Potatoes, Millet and Red Quinoa Pilaf, Asparagus
Dessert:
Hot Fudge Sundae Ice Cream Cake, Delicious Cheesecake, Lemon and Berry Tarts
Exodus 12:42:  “It is a night to be much observed unto the Lord for bringing them out from the land of Egypt: this is that night of the Lord to be observed of all of the children of Israel in their generations.”

No comments:

Post a Comment