Thursday, April 3, 2014

NTBMO/Sewing Prepping Random Post

 My house finally was ALL deleavened tonight!  Whew!
...I always at least try to get all of the physical work done at least a week ahead to focus on what I should be focusing on this time of year in that last week.  It's always so busy though.
This year Ariel B., Jamie H., and I are hosting the biggest dinner of the year, the NTBMO dinner at my place.  Ariel wanted to go with spring pastel tones, and I didn't own any pastel colored cloth napkins, so I decided it would be way more economical to get fabric and sew my own napkins, so that is what I'm doing.  It's saving money, but there's more time gone.  Not done, but got them cut out tonight.  .......have to tuck in the corners, iron, and then sew the seams....


 It took 4 vacuums to deleaven my place.  A Eureka, Hoover, Bissell, and generic no name brand one.  Ridiculous!  Long story!  Wow!  
 Had a goal to finish these sewing projects BEFORE the holy days b/c I have more projects for others to work on after the holy days.
Above:  Tonight, after cutting out the napkins, it took 1.5 hours to put in a new drawstring for one of Mr. Turgeon's sweatshirts. ...was honestly surprised it took that long, but it's done!
Below:  Fixing, not really altering, just fixing a dress for Nikki T.  for Grad Ball coming up in May.

 Reorganized my shoe stash.  I threw out one pair this year in deleavening. 
This took awhile.  Still have so many shoes.  Guess that's my thing.
 Got these vases for 3 bucks!  Couldn't pass them up.  They can be used in our NTBMO decor.  Ariel and Jamie had mentioned flower arrangements for the table, and they may just bring flowers into my house for a change.  I'm one of those non flower centerpiece type people, but the beauty of having co hostesses is to see the ideas they have to mix things up a bit!  It's going to classically rock!
Below:  A NTBMO gift for us to use in cooking at NTBMO if we want from my dad!  Thanks Dad!!!  I am one blessed gal!  Lots of love from family and friends! I don't take that for granted b/c it's definitely blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment