Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Entreated to a New Age Ashiatsu Massage by Ramona Larsen!

After a VERY busy two weeks of cleaning everything that I own from top to bottom, a long time friend and great professional in the massage therapy field entreated me to two massages.  One was last week, and the other I just got back from tonight.  The one she worked on me with last week was the traditional Swedish massage with the hands, but the one that she used on me tonight was something really cool and new that Ramona Larsen...aka my friend and massage therapist is just starting.  It's a Japanese inspired massage called "ashiatsu."  It's true "sole therapy" where the massage therapist performs the entire massage with the soles of their feet instead of their hands.  The therapist holds on to a bar above you as my professional friend, Ramona Larsen is demonstrating in the photo above.  This new age massage applies more pressure to muscles for a more deep tissue massage.  Really good when you're sore from moving furniture and heavy things around.  I personally preferred the "sole therapy" being that I can be a bit ticklish to the touch.  With the ashiatsu I will say it's hands down, pun intended, better for people with ticklish tendencies!  When Ramona and I were young teenagers I never knew that I would one day let her "step on me" when we were adults in our 30's.  :-)
My friend Ramona can be found at this web link:  https://www.styleseat.com/ramonalarsen

1 comment:

  1. Your blogs and every separate material are so remarkable and lucrative it makes me come back most again.
    Shoulder Pain Toronto Ontario

    ReplyDelete