Saturday, January 26, 2013

A BIG Formal Design Half Completed!!!--Finally!!!

I began this complex design over a full year ago.  it's so complex I put it down b/c of not having suffiecient time, so tonight I finally stopped procratinating and pulled it out and finished the skirt.
I still have the top to sew, I was able to sketch the design tonight for the top at least.

 
 The train is held up by a sewn in thumb loop....you can choose to let the train drag, but it's more practical to use the thumb loop to show the contrast of red and black reversable beautiful satin fabric.



 Showing the thumb loop
 Sketch of the top of this design yet to be sewn...to be continued.  :-)
The next project after I finish the above design  Leather look alike fabric with the below animal print sheer fabric.

Sketch of what I roughly intend to do the the leather look alike and leopard fabric.

2 comments:

  1. wow, it's beautiful! I love the princess-style of it. Can't wait to see the finished looked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah. I rather like it too! :-)

    ReplyDelete