Sunday, June 22, 2014

The Making of Caramel Apple Pie w/Pecans!

 ...so this caramel apple pie with pecans seems to be a big hit every time it's made, so here's the recipe...
Cut up 12 cups of apples....making two pies....6 cups per pie....equals about 14 medium apples.
B/c I was making a pie, I didn't soak the apples in lemon juice to keep them from browning once I cut them as you can see.  No need to....
 Made the dough for the bottom pie crust using 1-1/4 cup flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/3 cup butter, and about 3 to 4 tbsp of cold water as needed to knead dough.  These measurements are for one pie, since I made two I obviously doubled the amount.

Used fingers to pat dough into pie tins

 Put in 1 tsp cinnamon, 3 tbsp flour, and 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/8 tsp salt with the apples and mixed evenly.  These measurements are for one pie, so I doubled it to make two pies.
 Made pie topping crust with 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup old fashioned oats, and 1/2 cup butter.  ...and again these measurements are for one pie, so I doubled it to make two.
Loaded up pie crust in tins with apple filling, and then as shown below, put topping crust over apples

 Put in oven at 375 F for 50 minutes.

Got chopped pecans and caramel syrup ready...not the healthiest, but hey, it's dessert! 
 As soon as pies came out of oven, I drizzled caramel all over the top of the pie, and sprinkled the pecans on top of the caramel!....let pie cool for a bit, and then refrigerated it so the caramel wouldn't melt.
 Tada!  Both pies all done!  Delicious apple caramel pie!


No comments:

Post a Comment