Thursday, June 12, 2014

Summer's Here!---Time for Sewing Projects!

 I usually create my own designs, but I've NEVER designed baby clothes, but with a niece on the way, now is a good opportunity to learn.  To learn, I decided to buy a pattern and use someone else's design.  I am currently working on the above designs for the baby...with the fabric shown.  Once I sew this one, I hope to have the hang of it enough to start designing my own CCoatsOfManyColours designs.
BELOW:  while I was picking out a baby dress pattern, I saw this summer dress knit pattern, and saw fabric on sale for almost nothing, so I did what I seldom do, and bought the pattern and will sew myself a sun dress using someone else's design.  I'm excited about it using the fabric shown!  I will, of course, post a FINISHED photo of all of these projects once finished.

 ABOVE:  This fabric was on sale for $2.00, and it's leopard and sillky.  The plans are for me to design one of my signature CCoatsOfManyColorus mens neckties with a matching ladies scarf to be put in my Etsy shop up for sale.
BELOW:  Someone has me designing a Buffalo Bills sleeping bag accessory for them.  This is my first time designing this, so it's taking me more planning than I thought, but it's coming along!

 Totally not done, but in the making....still lots to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment