Thursday, June 5, 2014

Here's a post dedicated to some GREAT MEN!


I am so blessed with some of the most AMAZING gal pals, BUT I am also REALLY BLESSED to know some GREAT MEN......so this post is a "shout out" to them!  My life is only possible b/c of God first of all, and the great men and women in my life!
My dad has been so helpful to me this year.  First off, when I had to have my car rebuilt last winter and found out the cost would be "in the thousands, my dad totally helped me out, and even though he's in bad health where he can't get around easily, he always comes to my get together s if possible.  Here's an email except from him....(hopefully he won't mind, but when I get emails from my dad or others in authority to me, it means so much!)
"WONDERFUL  PRESENTATION  INDEED!  I  AM  WELL  PLEASED  WITH  WHAT  I  SAW.  DO  A  LOT  OF  PRAYING , MEDITATING, STUDYING ,  AS  YOU CONTINUE  PRACTICING  EVER  GROWING  IN  REFINED  HOSPITALITY, AND  TALENT,  AND  CHARACTER  DEVELOPMENT . THANKS  FOR  SHARING  THIS  OCCASION  WITH  ME .  DAD"
My brother has always been helpful in making sure I get to work safe in the winter when the roads are iced over.
My boss, Mr. A. Locher, is the best supervisor ever for me.  He's seen me at my best and worst on the job, one time I was crying my eyeballs out about something, but he makes sure I stay in my role properly on the job giving me correction when I need it, and he is sooo encouraging.  Hopefully he won't mind me posting this email excerpt from him.  I thanked him for being such a great boss with a baked treat, and he emailed me back about it.  His reply meant so much to me!...
"Thank you for my dessert! That was delicious. Your conversion, work and work ethic make it very easy to supervise you – thank you for being such a sweetheart and valuable employee for God!....AJL"
My ministers, Mr. Turgeon and Mr. Heerma are the best.  Whenever I'm tired, I apparently look depressed even though I'm not, and Mr. Turgeon will always make a point to stop by my desk and ask if I need to talk or if I'm okay. It helps me to be aware of getting sufficient sleep so that I can serve more.  He also makes sure that I'm included in things and not left out.  Mr. Heerma is always so kind, one of the kindest people I know, and he is always willing to take time out of his busy day to help me with PCD calls that I need his help with.  It's nice to know I have ministers who are truly concerned.
A childhood friend, Conner Brown, always helps me with house repairs and is such a man about it.  He makes sure my house stays in shape and is genuinely concerned about the up keep of it.  Hopefully he won't mind, but here's an email excerpt from him.....
"I was thinking about that leak this morning, and the floor damage that will most certainly result as the wood dries. I don't know if they'd cover the plumbing repair cost, but won't your insurance compensate for the water damage? They customarily do. Of course you might just be blessed with a total absence of perceptible damage, but I'm no optimist.
Just a thought.
Good day,
Conner"
Mr. Cecil Burks has always looked after my car when I have car troubles.
Calvin Culpepper, out the blue checked on me last week reminding me to make sure my car has plenty of oil in it so the engine doesn't burn up.  
.....and not to leave anyone out, but the list definitely goes on.
These are great men that I'm thankful to know!  They make my single woman lifestyle possible.  Yes, my lifestyle is more of a blessed one, but it's not on my own as it may look.  God obviously is the one helping me, but these great men, used by God, are helpful instruments.  I realize, as a single woman, I am more blessed than the average single woman, and it's b/c there are some wonderful men that are true leaders in life that I happen to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment