Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Baby Girl Coats Update!

 Yesterday I was in the dollar store and saw this newborn outfit for $5.00, so of course I got it.  I also plan to sew a nice Sabbath dress for baby girl Coats :-)  I have to figure out the proper sizing for newborns to make one, and put in the diaper snap on the bottom as well.
"BABY SHOWER" NOTE!:  Quite a few friends have been asking if we're going to have a baby shower for my sister in law, or if we're planning to have a private one, or one at all, and people have been asking if we will please invite them.  The answer is OF COURSE.  Have no fear, the party will be here!  My fam may be quiet about fam things, but we're not that private.  :-)!  Okay, so hopefully my sis in law won't read this and smack me, but she's skinny mini normally, so since she's pregnant, she looks way further along than she is.  She is not due until September, so we're not pushing it last minute which is what we're guessing friends are thinking, there are still a few months left.  Because of "all of the love" my bro and sis in law are getting, it's pushed me to go ahead and start plans, and go ahead and get the word out so ppl will know what's up.
THE PLAN!:  We plan to throw a non traditional baby shower and make it an entire family affair.  Thanks to David and Jennifer Vejil for starting this trend when Heath was "in the works."  :-)  
Men, married and single, can bring guns and shoot them out on my brother's 10 acres and we'll have other manly things TBA when invites go out; happening with the men and their sons while the ladies, married and single, and girls are indoors opening gifts and playing shower games.  Then, at the end, everyone will come together for a big potluck styled meal in the house.  Everyone coming can bring a main course dish for the potluck.  We'll also celebrate with cakes, pies, etc as well!  We're making this a big family affair, so instead of a traditional shower, it will be a Coats Family is Expanding Extended Family Affair!  More details like invites, registry details, and info on the get together coming to you soon. Tentative timing:  early August after PYC and before school begins.

1 comment: