Sunday, November 6, 2011

My Little Earthquake Update

Was sound asleep Friday night when all of a sudden I was awakened by my house shaking, not violently, but enough to wake me up. Who knows how long it had been shaking before it jolted me awake. At first, I was confused since I was abruptly awakened from a deep sleep, and after about 5 seconds of total confusion I realized it was a small equake in OKLAHOMA! I looked at my bedside clock to log the time of the quake in my head...it was at exactly 2:14AM and I felt it for about 30 seconds. No damage done. This quake was factored in to be a 4.8 earthquake.

Saturday night! I was still awake, and all of a sudden at exactly 10:24PM my house started shaking again. This time it shook with a lot more intensity to the annoying point where I thought things might fall off of my wall and break. This "more intense annoyingly shaking my house quake" lasted for about 40 seconds to a minute before it finally stopped. This quake had really shaken my house so I went about my house checking to see if any thing had fallen. Nothing except one little trinket on top of my piano had shifted and fell over. This quake was factored in to be a 5.6 earthquake. We might as well be in California! The nations are definitely being shaken. What's coming next.......(the suspense)

No comments:

Post a Comment