Sunday, November 6, 2011

Food Designing This Morning!

Dough made from Whole Grain Brown Rice Flour. It kneeding almost just like regular wheat flour only the brown rice flour is a little more "tender" I guess is a good word. (After seeing ingredients in store bought tortilla's I decided to make my own from scratch.)



The Brown Rice Flour in the bag....you have to keep it refrigerated unlike other flours. Things that have to be refrigerated is a good indication that the food is healthy, so it's a good thing!


My first attempt at a tortilla made from brown rice flour...not bad, but I didn't let it cook long enough in the skillet before I tried to flip it, and you can see in the picture where it broke/cracked a bit, but still not too bad. I was happy with it.



My second attempt at making a brown rice tortilla, this one was a keeping, didn't break or crack though I forgot about it and almost burnt it, but I caught it in time. Whew!


I woke up this morning before sunrise to begin a hopefully productive Sunday. On my agenda was as always, extra personal study, then I wanted to cook and bake experiementing with new healthy recipes using brown rice flour (I have ditched regualar wheat flour and now using brown rice flour) and also since I've ditched sugar I wanted to try baking my first dessert using stevia as a sweetner. Well, this morning I realized I had left my stevia at work at the office so I had to drive all of the way into the office and grab my stevia, and then ran to the grocery store while I was town, and picked up some olive oil and then returned home and "slaved over the hot stove" ha, ha, I've always wanted to say that, for half of the day! God blessed my efforts, almost everything came out and I used basically almost all organic foods. The tortilla's above and the next food blog entries were my Sunday adventures.....Here's my food story in pictures.....(the second half of my Sunday will be sewing a new fashion design. I don't think I'll get done with it, so pictures will probably be up of the new design later this week!)











No comments:

Post a Comment