Sunday, November 6, 2011

Healthy Dessert! Designing This Sunday

I started off cooking down the strawberries on my stovetop. I cut up three large strawberries, and added just a pinch of stevia as a natural sweetner instead of sugar, added a bit of water, mixed it all together, put the stove top on medium heat and covered it for about 2 or maybe 3 minutes.



Only after about 3 minutes or so, the strawberries had cooked down into what turned out to be a fabulous sauce. I was really surprised how yummy it tasted. I honestly thought it was going to be a disaster b/c of not measuring the stevia, but turns out I had put just the right amount of stevia in...wasn't too sweet or not sweet enough, but was just perfect. I think God just blessed me b/c he knew I was really trying hard to get it right. Afterall, one of the reasons I'm eating healthy is to honor God with my body, so I'm trying hard.


Then I tried my hands at making a sheet cake using brown rice flour and stevia among other ingredients. Here is the fnished result of the healthy sheet cake and the strawberry sauce...SUGAR FREE and made with all natural ingredients! If someone came and had a bite I don't think they would know it was sugar free and wheat flour free, it's tastes pretty much the same! I'm so excited to be successful at making an all healthy natural dessert! I mean it's bascially made of organic eggs, lemon juice, brown rice which is what the flour is made from, stevia, and strawberries....oh, and olive oil.......AMAZING!


The side view of the healthy dessert!!!



I tried my hands FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER IN MY LIFE to bake a dessert using Brown Rice Flour (replacing wheat flour) and Stevia (replacing sugar). I tried making a simple sheet cake as a starter and surprisingly, it turned out okay my first try. I think that was a miracle! I nice, healthy, that taste good glutten free dessert! Yeah!!! I'm so happy!

3 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you, Carolyn!":-) I'm so glad you're learning so much and are having fun with your new food lifestyle. What a blessing that you also share it":-) I may share these with my dad, if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The recipes, I mean...not your private blog - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. It is a lot of fun, and fun that can be useful! Sure, I don't mind at all who uses these recipes. Hope you dad will like them.

    ReplyDelete