Wednesday, November 2, 2011

From Sugar to Stevia!

Since I've TOTALLY ditched sugar and switched over to an ALL NATURAL sweetner, STEVIA!...I've had to convert my recipes....here's a simple conversion chart I copied and pasted from the internet. (I actually prefer stevia over sugar now. Just for a test, I had one small cup of tea with sugar after I had been using stevia for almost two months....and the sugar cup of tea didn't taste as good to me.....I quickly dumped it out and made myself a nice cup with stevia.) Stevia is way, way sweeter than sugar, so you have to be careful not to put too much in. When I first started using stevia I had to dump out several cups of tea b/c of me accidentally putting too much stevia in...it was ridiculous sweet, now I've got the balance!

The stevia powder referred to in this chart is the pure form, or the liquid made from the pure powder. The chart shows in the first column the sugar amount, then the second column is the powdered stevia amount and the third column is the liquid stevia amount
Sugar amount Equivalent Stevia powdered extract Equivalent Stevia liquid concentrate
1 cup 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon
1 tablespoon 1/4 teaspoon 6 to 9 drops
1 teaspoon A pinch to 1/16 teaspoon 2 to 4 drops

No comments:

Post a Comment