Sunday, July 31, 2011

More "Plant Designing"











This weekend I took a stroll outdoors to the watermelon, and serrano peppers planted. Here they are. I'm really being blessed in my "gardening" efforts. It's a tough year to gareden b/c it seems like a plague of grasshoppers is in our yard, but our neighbors have chickens who wander over in our yard, and the chickens eat up the grasshoppers, so right now I'm loving live chickens! :-) I also ran into a bee hard at work in a sunflower in the yard. I set my camera on the right setting to blur the background and focus just on the subject, zoomed way in (I'm terrified of bees, so I wasn't about to get too close) and was able to capture it. I'm loving my camera after these pics! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Chickens are a HUGE blessing to any garden! As you have witnessed, they eat grasshoppers - along with everything else! And they give your oil the best fertilizer.

    They're really cheap to buy on Craigslist; cheap to feed, keep and maintain. The only things you really need for them is protection from wind, cold and predators.

    I'm glad God sent you some to bless your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank MB. The chickens are a blessing. Ha, ha, as expensive as "oil" :-)is these days, maybe if oil had a fertilizer it would be cheaper too! :-)!!!

    ReplyDelete