Monday, February 2, 2015

A Dinner Time Post! :-)

 It's really wonderful to be able to get together with friends/extended family and share a meal!  I try not to ever take that for granted with it being so easily done here.  I wish everyone could get together, but at least I can share the experiences for those wanting to see.  Can't wait until everyone is all together at last!
 Last Saturday evening the lovely Leap's, Burks', and Victoria Terrell shared a meal at my place.  It was great.  We reminisced about the PCG's early days.  With the Leap's there, we had so much history to talk about.  It was fantastic!
 The dinner and dessert from that meal.  I admit, I cheated on the dessert...store bought though I added the little chocolate syrup garnish.  Didn't have time to make homemade dessert this time.  :-(   :-)  Also, thanks to Victoria for helping me cut garlic and for taking care of the broccoli while I was getting the beef, and the rice, lentil, and pea pilaf done.    ...and thanks to Mrs. Leap for bringing the yummy Greek salad!  Delicious!  Truly a nice family dinner.

Switching gears!
We didn't have Bible study last Friday, so Sarah E. was so kind and hosted a dinner for the McCarty family, the B. Nice's, and myself.  The food was yummy, and the fellowship was even better. 


Below:  Matthew and Christy smiled for my camera.  I really admire this couple.  They are genuine, friendly, and seem like they are such wonderful parents to their two sons who are very respectful and bright shown below.  Those boys are going to grow up to be manly men.  :-)


 Can't forget the cat Russell.  Even though he hissed at me, big time, I'll still give him props:-)

 Above:  Matthew sacrificed his own hand to open a bottle of champagne that I had brought.  He didn't want the cork to go through the house celing, so he held his hand over it while he opened it, and did it ever pop with a loud sound.  He said it hurt his hand, but Matthew is a tough man, so he was alright.  Impressed that he was so thoughtful to look out for someone's home like that.  If everyone was like that.......  :-)

Below:  Ivory Nice smiles in the kitchen prepping peaches into a dessert.

Above:  Aiden took this pic of his bro Brendan and I before dinner.  Again, I really love those boys!  They're wonderful.
Below:  Brandon at the table.



 Switching gears again!.....Earlier this week, the Wickware's had me over for dinner.  Mrs. Wickware asked me to help her put together a cookbook that she wants to publish and market since I've done one of my own in the past.  In return, she fed me an absolutely yummy dinner.
 Mr. Wickware at the dinner table.


 Below:  A sneak peek of Mrs. Wickware's cookbook.

Below:  The fact that my car is all washed and shiny is blog worthy.  I live on a dirt road, so it is a waste of time to wash it all of the time, but when I hear the weather is going to be decent for awhile, I'll wash it.  I went to a professional car wash yesterday and got it done for free due to a VERY impatient car wash worker.  I took me about 30 seconds to dig into my purse to find my wallet, but apparently 30 seconds was too long for the car wash worker....he told me to just go on through for free since it was taking me "so long;"  LOL!  Sometimes I guess it pays to have a big purse combined with a young impatient worker.  :-)  Free wash!

Last week the weather was just out of this world gorgeous.  It was in the 70's!  I took advantage of the nice weather and studied out on a bench outside of the field house by the fish pond on the AC campus.  James Lowery came out to feed the fish and I shot a few "fishy pics." 
Last week was such a lovely week.  Life is such a blessing!  Onward on into a new one!  :-)




2 comments:

  1. Loved this blog post Carolyn! It's so good to see old friends! (as well as people I don't even know). I also love the blogs about Sophia...she is really, really growing up! Enjoy these baby days! So glad for the numerous opportunities you all have to gather so often!

    ReplyDelete