Friday, January 23, 2015

Ready to Play----My Bible Game is Done! :- )!

 After about six or seven years in the making, at last, my Bible game is just about ready to play!  :-)!  It showed me how much information I had been given to glean from past sermon notes, AC classes, literature studies, the Bible Correspondence Course, etc.  I decided for a handmade/homemade board game, but that ended up taking me more time.  I had to cut the cards all even, and there are hundreds and hundreds, no joke, of question/answer cards.  Then once cut, fold them so that the answers are lined up correctly on the back of each card with the reference scripture, and then, figure out how to make the game board complete with dice.  How do you play?...Each player has a small playing piece....roll the dice.....move your playing piece according to dice roll on the game board and whatever category that you land on is the card question that you get.  The questions are at all different levels, some super easy, some moderately easy or difficult, others, mind blowing difficult.  Now, with this game, I find myself STOKED to study more-so than before.  Obviously there is still the incoming notes, literature, and the Bible itself to study, but this will definitely be a BIG memory teaching tool help!  My goal has always been to be someone who is ready to teach and give an answer easily.  This project of mine is so exciting b/c of that, and all of the time and effort spent on it has finally paid off!  Now, I can't wait to have a group of friends over to share in the fun, and play the game!  :-)
Above and Below:  A few questions in the game....the answers are on the back of each card.
 Above:  Ancient Israelite History
Below:  Fun Bible Facts

 Below:  Memory Scriptures

1 comment: