Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Sharing My Latest Blessing! :-)

 Last Thursday Gladys W. called and asked if I wanted her old china set.  I was like WHAT!!!!!  If you don't know how much a real china set cost new, then it is in the hundreds for one set.  I had been wanting a china set for years, but that is way too much money for a lone single woman to spend by herself.  I do entertain a lot, but still, getting a china set was not on my reality radar unless I got married and put it on the gift registry.....like anyone would buy that anyway, but still that was my thinking!  :-)!  Anyway, I looked at the brand name on the back, and looked up how much each piece in the set costs, and the total for the set they gave me is $632 if I were to buy it piece by piece brand new right now!  WOW, WOW, WOW!  God gave me a china set, and the Welsh's were the instruments of that blessing!  It's a full set with dinner plates, teacups, teacup saucers, bread and dessert plates, soup bowls, fruit bowls (fruit bowls are a lil smaller than the soup bowls and not as deep), creamer server, sugar dish, serving bowl, and a serving platter!....oh and she threw in some green chargers to complement it all!!!!  I have been holding off posting this for more than one reason.  For one, I don't want to come across as look at what I have, and for two I don't want to come across as too materialistic.  I try my best not to post things all about me on social media, but use it as a tool to serve though I know I'm human and definitely fail at that sometimes.  Anyway, long story short, I just want to share my BIG blessing with friends, and also publicly give the Welsh family my thanks for what they did.  I am so thrilled!  Yes, it is a nice set materially, but it's the fact that it's a blessing that is so exciting, and one that can be used to serve others as well!  I'm still in WOW shock!  My mom said since I entertain a lot this is a blessing from that.  Maybe so.  Thanks again to the Welsh's, and I am soooo stoked!  They definitely are a family that gives and gives.  I'm soooo excited!  I'm am desperately trying to figure out a way show my appreciation and to say thank you!   :-)



 BELOW:  Switching gears to design!  Working on a project for AC grad that I was asked to design.  I'm so excited to do this!  What's shown below as Exhibit A?...to be seen at Graduation in May.  Stoked to work on this!

.......completely cut off a small wedding dress train.  It wasn't one of those big ones, but it was a small one.  I had to photo document the moment.  Converting it by cutting off the train from a wedding dress for one of the AC gals grad dresses.  I am having such a lovely time with sewing these days.  It is hard work and takes up most of my evenings with the different projects, but I am happy that I can be of help in this way!  It's getting to be the time of year where people are super busy in more ways than one, so I am trying to get done with these projects early.  Busy time of year!
...and it's cut!  Whew!  :-)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Carolyn! What an amazing blessing on the china set! I have to agree with your mom! You've always really USED your home to serve in such a way that it seems God's just given you another awesome addition! No doubt you'll put that to great use!
    Love you!,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna! I'm excited to put it to use NTBMO!

      Delete
  2. Oooh! I bet! That's going to be beautiful! I can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete