Saturday, July 13, 2013

Just A Few Random Shots I Took 1st PYC Sabbath

 Used the ole trusty cell phone to capture a few moments this Sabbath of the PYC teens.  They seem VERY enthusiastic, friendly, and eager to serve more so than ever.  A few of the workers said this is by far the best PYC.
ABOVE:  Chrissy Dattolo, yeah, she's old enough to be a camper at camp, took time out to take a pic with her wonderful big sister Rachel!  Love this shot of them!

 Some of my favorite gals got together mostly from dorm 4G, but I think Erica Amos is from another dorm.  I've known Ashlynn McLain since she was born, Ansley Welsh since she was two, and Erica since she was born.  The other gals are campers from out of town.  I can't remember their names, but anyone is welcome to help me out if you know them.  :-)  
 Had to get another pic of Ansley w/her new friends at camp.  Her mom is one of my best gal pals, so Ansley has become my adopted neice over the years.  :-)  I'm very happy that she and the rest of the campers have this great opportunity in their lives to attend camp.
 Acknowledgement pic of two TEXAN, go Texas!, teens that I've known since they were ity bity!  Adrienne Grenchik and Cheyenne McGuire...2nd from lt and furthest rt.  Also in the pic is one of the lovely Monsalve sisters whom I always mix up their first name b/c the sisters look so much alike, and we have the wonderful Brandon Szabo and Corey Szabo.
 It looks like the Szabo cousins want everyone to know they are related; even both wore blue ties.  Adrienne wins the award for not moving an inch in between my two pic takes.  :-)
 I officially know a teen from Hong Kong.  Can't spell his name, but he is the first person that I now know in person from Hong Kong.  What a blessing that he was able to make it this far to PYC!  
 The fact that Grant Turgeon is a counselor at PYC this year makes me realize the years that have gone by. WOW!  I'm sure the boys in his dorm are very blessed to have such a caring counselor.
 I took this pic for Mrs. King in Australia.  2nd from right is her daughter Lailani King.  I met her and her AMAZING FAMILY back in 2007 when I visited Australia.  Thrilled that she's here attending PYC in America as a teen now.  Christine <sp?> Yocum on left end, and not sure of the girls names in between.
 Miss Hawkins poses with some of her campers!  As always campers call their counselors and workers by last name to respect the office of counselor.  Proud of my friend being a role model to the 12 gals in her dorm.  Way to go Jamie!
 Here is them all together...The sun killed this pic though, but oh well!
 I had to get a "duet" photo of Ashylnn McLain at her first PYC ever posing with my other fav gal Erica Amos.  Still in shock that Ashlynn's old enough to be a camp!  What happened to the little girl I use to babysit.
 Lancaster sisters spending precious time together.  Their family is so close.  I love that!
 Oops, so the sun killed this pic, but in the back is Caleb Heerma, Gianni Welsh who told me today that he has a "very impressive" part in the abbreviated PYC version of the David Musical to be performed in two weeks before camps end by the teens.  Don't know the gals from out of town in the back.  Up front we have Seth Malone and Zechariah Henderson.
 ...and we have the other lovely Monsalve sister...again I will refrain for using the first name lest I mix her up with her sister, and we all know the Tunales' daughter from Texas.  Another post for a Texan teen that I've known since she was little.
 I took this pic for Stephanie's mom.  Stephanie Szabo poses with Alexa Turgeon.  Alexa did a great job accompanying the choir today.  That has got to be nerve racking playing knowing that everyone is depending upon you.  Tons of young talent!
 I really like this pic of Tasha Eagle and Skye Malone.  Below it looks like what goes around comes around.  Looks like I was challenged to a camera dual!

1 comment: