Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Fabulous Saturday Night Dinner at My Place!

Had a fabulous Saturday Night dinner at my place.  Was so happy to have the opportunity.  We are so blessed here. Calling it a "family dinner."  Mr. G. Flurry was present, all of my physical family was present, Gladys Welsh (one of my best pals) and her family were present, Mrs. Heyer was present(Mr. Heyer is currently out of the country so he was not there), Ms. Wood was present, and Michael Davis who was spending the night with Gianni Welsh was present.  Everyone chipped in making this a family dinner. My week last week was insane busy, so no way I was going to pull it together on my own, but it turned out great family style!  My dad made what I call sushi rolls, but it actually wasn't sushi, but it had raw cured fish in it, yummy!....my mom cooked the Salmon, Gladys did the dessert course, my sister in law Sonia made homemade whole wheat dinner rolls, (she's our official family bread maker...girl makes some great bread!), my brother was the drink server, Mrs. Heyer and Ms. Wood brought the sparkling Grape Juice, and crackers, and I planned the menu and recipes and made the sauces, side dishes, did decorations etc.  Nice family dinner we were all so blessed to have the opportunity to have.  LOVE how everyone pulled together to make it a success.  I might start doing this kind of "family styled everyone participates dinner" more often.  More unifying.  (More pics WILL BE posted on royaltruecolours with friends who have password access)
FINALLY got the chance to use one of my crown candle holders that I was able to win at the Texas Pine Car Derby auction last fall to raise money for the AA building fund.  Not sure who submitted these in the auction last year, but thanks to whoever did!  What a night to use it on too with so much royalty there at the table.  :-) 


So I'm not very artistic in putting food on plates, I'm not trying to be humble, I'm just not, it is what it is, but I don't think this looks too bad.  Maybe it does, but I was happy with it. 







Gladys works on her part of the dinner, the dessert coruse, as you see from the dessert photo, she classically rocked them out.  Beautiful!  Thanks Gladys for doing the dessert!  You are truly a great friend that I'm blessed to have; your entire family!
My mom gave me permission to post this pic.  She chose a garbage bag as her apron.
My sister in law is now officially part of the family after this dinner.  She worked hard with us.  Thanks Sonia!  My mom joked and told her that she hopes she realizes that she has married into a family that LOVES TO COOK and entertain all of the time.  ha, ha!  She's great!

No comments:

Post a Comment