Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sugar and Gluten Free Sweet Potoato Pie







Latest update on my cookbook that I'm working on, for fun, is that I still have a long ways to go before finishing it, but I'm about 1/4 finished with it. ..coming up with healthy recipes...trying them....recording ingredients and amounts used...taking photos...a lot that goes into it, but thanks to my blog, it helps me to record it while sharing with friends and acquaintances. Can't wait until I can compile all recipes together in the cookbook though. This weekend I was recuping from being sick, so I was quarantined inside my house all weekend and didn't want to over work lest I relapse, so I decided to make a weekend of cooking. Didn't over do it, rested, yet was productive. Great way to use a recuping weekend. I tried a sugar and gluten free sweet potato pie made from scratch and it came out fabulous.



Sugar and Gluten Free Sweet Potato Pie
Ingredients:
1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes
½ cup olive oil
1 tsp pure stevia powder extract
1/2 cup rice or almond milk
2 brown cage free eggs
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp all natural vanilla extract



For Pie Crust:
½ cup olive oil
1 ½ cups brown rice flour
4 tbsp cold water

Directions:
Boil sweet potato(es) whole in skin for 40 to 50 minutes, or until done. Run cold water over the sweet potato, and remove the skin. Break apart sweet potato in a bowl. Add oil, and mix well with mixer. Stir in stevia, rice milk, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Pour filling into an unbaked pie crust. Bake at 350 degrees F for 55 to 60 minutes.

To Make Pie Crust: Cut oil into rice flour until a crumb like texture forms. Add water. Work dough with hands until soft and form into ball. Place dough in 8 inch pie pan and press it into the bottom and sides, use the back of a spoon or fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment