Monday, February 13, 2012

Photos From Texas Trip

Here's a photo of me and Ansley (daughter of a friend from where I live now) posing at the Pine car Derby in Fort Worth, Texas. This pic makes me feel old....b/c Ansley is 13 years old now and I remember when she was two! The derby went great. Last I heard everyone raised over $3000.00 for the B. F which is fantastic!

For those that have access, I have posted all photos and videos on my royaltruecolours site. Enjoy!

Katherine and Gladys strike a pose at the derby.

"My gal" Ashlynn won the prize for most creative pine car at the derby in Texas, so I made her pose for me. Ashlynn, I think she's 11 or 12 now, makes me feel old too as I remember her "before she was born even." :-) So happy that she won the prize!

Photo of a group of us eating at the Cracker Barrel headed back home right before we left Texas. Douglas Culpepper took the photo so.....

we had to include him in a photo since he was there too.

Dece Todd, a friend of mine who recently just relocated to Texas....she's privileged now. :-) and Misty from Texas, and Ramona from OK!

A long time friend, Paul Salinas (known him since we were like 14 back from my Texas days) and Liz Blondeau from OK enjoy Dinner Saturday Night.

I forgot, EVERYTHING is bigger in Texas including the food portions! I ordered what I thought was a small breakfast and look what I got....I large container of yogurt filled with berries and granola and as you see even extra granola on the side.

I also got a plate of eggs, turkey sausage, and a HUGE MUFFIN. This photo does NOT do the size of the muffin justice...on the photo it looks average size, but no...it was HUGE! I have witnesses. :-)....about the size of two average size muffins put together.

Then, at a DIFFERENT MEAL, I ordered an alcoholic drink since I was "on vacation."....I ordered what I thought would be a small drink since I usually don't drink much at all. Well, I forgot I was in Texas again b/c see the tall glass that looks like lemonade....well that's vodka mixed with lemon....and the drink you see in front was suppose to be my main drink, but they gave me an extra tall glass of "liquor" if I wanted to refill myself. ha, ha! Ummm...I split my drink three ways with friends b/c there was NO WAY I was drinking that. Again, everything is bigger in Texas.


At another meal, I ordered a SMALL Cranberry juice...ha, ha....this is Texas' idea of small....looks like a large to me! I do miss Texas since it's where I grew up, but guess I've forgotten a lot about it! Was a very fun quick trip!

FUNNY MOMENTS....So I told Liz Blondeau that I would post this and she said fine. :-) She's never been to Texas before...so when we first got to our destination, the Dallas, Fort Worth(DFW) area....I told her how Texas is the second largest state in the US, how everything is big in Texas, and how the heart of Texas is really San Antonio which was 8 hours away from where we both live now. It was about then that I pointed to the DFW skyline, and Liz said something like, "oh wow, is that San Antonio, you can see it all the way from here in Dallas, and it's 8 hours away...wow everything really is big in Texas." I cracked up and informed her she was looking at the DFW skyline. (Thanks for letting me post this funny Liz! :-) )

No comments:

Post a Comment