Sunday, February 19, 2012

Healthy Slow Cooker Meal





Still the weekend of being stuck at home sick......so all that I could do was cook away being stuck indoors. Last week I was thinking about blessings and I remembered that I have a crock pot/slow cooker since it's not actually the crock pot brand name that I had gotten brand new for free a few years ago. I had never used it, and honestly didn't have the slightest idea how to cook in it, but I've been taught that slow cooking food is the healthiest way to cook food b/c all of the nutrients stay in, so I decided as of last week that I will slow cook a lot more from now on. I made a beef stew which came out tasty...I basically just dumped things in the slow cooker that I had available at the house that I HOPED would go good together which was actually really fun, and it came out quite nice; kind of southwestern flavor mixed with another flavor I can't peg.


Slow Cooker Throw it in the Cooker Recipe

Ingredients:

1 lb super lean beef stew meat, chopped
1 lb all natural grass fed ground beef

6 fresh large cloves garlic, minced
1/4 of an onion, chopped
5 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup brown rice pasta
1 lb of green onions; chopped

1 handful fresh chopped cilantro

Directions:
In a large skillet, brown ground beef with garlic and onion; drain and transfer to the slow cooker/Crock Pot. Add tomatoes, cumin, salt and pepper, brown rice pasta, cilantro, and uncooked stew meat into slow cooker. Cook on low 6.5 hours or on high for 3.5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment