Thursday, December 15, 2011

Healthy Dip!

I got this picture off of the internet b/c I didn't take a photo of my own recipe. Last weekend I tried my hands at making my own Fresh Avocado Dip from the top of my head. I loved it, 100% healthy, and it was tasty. All I did was cut and completely mash up 1 whole avocado in a small bowl and set it aside. I set my oven to 350 degrees F, then cut the top off of a whole fresh garlic bulb, poured a little bit of olive oil on top of the garlic bulb. Then, once oven was at 350 Degrees F I baked the garlic for about 40 minutes, then pulled it from the oven, let it cool for a few minutes, and then scooped out the garlic, now turned mushy, and mixed the scooped out garlic in w/the mashed avocado. I mixed it evenly and thoroughly, then added Sea Salt to taste and vahlah had an amazing, tasty yummy fresh hearty dip. I was raised in Texas, so I tend to like zesty and hearty foods, but some people might prefer this better if you added a teaspoon or so of plain yogurt to smooth it out a bit. To keep this snack healthy, I ate with 100% organic corn chips made of three ingredients.......organic corn, sunflower oil, sea salt! Another successful yummy and healthy mix it together recipe. Last week I had a flop of a recipe, so happy when they turn out! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment