Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Cooking Blooper!


When I made the avocado dip apparently I was exhausted that day b/c normally I am very obsessed in keeping my house neat...no dishes in the sink, every chair pushed in place. :-)! However, a few days after making the avocado dip I turned on my oven to make a little bite of something else to eat one evening and I started smelling something burning but silly me ignored the smell chalking it up to thinking that a little something had spilled in the bottom of the oven, but when I opened the oven minutes later, smoke was billowing out. I thought I was going to die from inhaling "second hand smoke!" :-)!!! Anyway, I noticed that the baking sheet and the now "cremated" remains of avocado and garlic were still in the oven. What, that's not like me to not wash a dish right after I use it. I had to have been tired to use the oven as a storage place. Anyway, here is a picture of beyond burnt garlic and avocado and the baking sheet too! Just when you thought you had seen it all! I usually get compliments from people on my cooking and sewing trying to set a decent example of a hard working Proverbs 31 woman (BUT I only put up my successes and usually not my flops), but this proves that I definitely have my mess ups and when I have them they are big, I just usually don't post them, but this one, well I had to post it's "so pretty." One time I was in the living room and I looked and a FIRE was actually going on in my oven...it was a big fire with the flames happening. I used a fire extinguisher for the first time in life. Whoever convinced me to have an extinguisher in the kitchen "classically rocks!" :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment