Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Gluten Free Bread Recipe!

For those who keep up with my blog, I'm sure you've noticed I've been heavy into Brown Rice Flour since I've totally changed my diet and am doing my best to eat right. This past week I tried Quinoa Flour which is also healthy and Gluten free. It's got a different kind of taste to it, like it would go good with sesame seeds, but I rather liked it though I do prefer the taste of Brown Rice Flour. Baking with Gluten Free flours is a bit trickier than using an everyday Gluten Flour like white or wheat flour. Some people feel the need to mix gluten free flours with gluten flours to be successful in baking, but if you put the right ingredients together, you can be successful at baking totally with gluten free flours and your waistline and your good health will thank you! Here's a Gluten Free Bread recipe that I tried last weekend using Quinoa Flour that was a success. Again, I think I would have liked it better if I had thrown in sesame seeds but oh well, no use in looking at the past of what could have been! :-)
To start you need 3 1/2 CUPS of Quinoa Flour

5 Teaspoons Baking Powder
To maintain healthy make sure to use the ALUMINUM FREE baking powder


1/2 Teaspoon of 100% Sea Salt

Mix all dry ingredients together

Added 2 Cups Water
Mixed throughly until it was "kneadable." I had to add extra quinoa flour to the mix to make it kneadable as it kept annoyingly sticking to my fingers....a downfall of Gluten Free Flour! Well greased my baking dish with pure Olive Oil, and baked for about 40-45 minutes. HOWEVER, my bread came out a little over baked, so depending on your oven, you might check your bread at 35 minutes or so, but again, it depends on the oven itself; stick a knife in to make sure bread is done inside.

Yummy!...This is the final result of my first try at baking quinoa bread completely wheat free. (You can see how it's a little over baked around the crust.)


And to fulfill my sweet tooth, I added my ALL NATURAL and SUGAR FREE blueberry jam to top it off!

My SUGAR FREE, ALL NATURAL blueberry jam. It was given to me by a friend who happens to read this blog who is also eating healthy and all natural foods. (Thanks so much for the natural jam find. I love this jam and honestly can't tell it has no sugar in it and non of the other yucky preservatives in it...tastes the same as the rest!)

No comments:

Post a Comment