Monday, April 11, 2011

CC's Latest Spring/Summer Fashion Designs!





This weekend was a hectic one for me to say the least. My weekends are my "homemaking work days" and this one was heavy spring cleaning, so I was wiped out by Sunday's end yesterday! However, I was still determined to squeeze in some sewing time on my latest designs. I decided to make my giraffe satin fabric into a simple A-Lined straight skirt. A-Lined straight skirts are in fashion this season which is perfect for me since those kind of skirts work well on me. I finished it and modeled it with a spring/summery white blouse accented by a leopard fashion belt that a friend gave to me. I'm happy with it and it's very comfortable!


I also worked on my rose satin ladies top that I've been designing. I did NOT completely finish it, but I have the main base of it done! I will be adding embellishments to it that I honestly haven't completely decided on yet which is why I didn't finish it yesterday. I'm thinking of adding a sewn on fabric rose to the front, or having someone knit a red cardigan to wear with it. I have lots of ideas and options, just haven't decided which way I will go yet to finish the design. I modeled it with a simple black skirt with a sheer top layer for the spring/summer feel and I chose dressy flip flops as the shoes to give it a more in season relaxing look. High heeled pumps could also be worn with it giving it a more dressy feel. In the meantime, here's me modeling the base of my design. It's such lovely fabric!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... it's just not normal to see you in anything that isn't leopard.
    It's not right at all!
    I'm feeling a disturbance in the force!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still staying in the animal print family. So stylish and classy!

    ReplyDelete