Friday, September 14, 2012

Basil Pesto Chicken Pasta

Really pushing hard to finish my dad's and my cookbook.  Will be two full cookbooks.  One will be all non gluten and lactose intolerant recipes helping those on restricted diets to have recipes that are delicious, and the other cookbook will be healthy recipes for everyone with wheat, honey, etc.  Now, I'm cooking up all of my dad's, a retired Chef's, recipes for photos in the cookbook.  I'm actually surprised that some people have come to me expressing an interest in this cookbook already, so it's driving me to get finished!  My dad gave me this AMAZING Basil Pesto Recipe....I made it night before last,.......so yummy. Yesterday I decided to use his basil pesto in a non gluten pasta dish!  For those just tuning in, my diet is non gluten b/c my body doesn't process sugar...so anything that turns to glucose when digested is off limits...including wheat flour which is very healthy in itself, my body just rejects it.  August of 2011 proved to be a summer of a forever changed diet for me and I feel great!  Anyway, here's what I did.  The full recipe with exact measurements for my dad's AMAZING basil pesto, and for my basil pesto pasta will be in the cookbook coming out soon!

 LOVE this non gluten pasta.  My absolute favorite.  These whole grains are so healthy too!  I honestly like this non gluten pasta texture better than the traditional gluten pasta.
 Boiled pasta and drained...duh right!
 Fried ALL NATURAL FED chicken in brown rice flour, basil, garlic, black pepper, sea salt, and pure olive oil.  It does make a difference to get the all natural fed chicken vs the other b/c of hormones pumped into the "not natural fed" chicken.
 Pulled out my dad's basil pesto that I had already made.
 Mixed in some of the basil pesto into the non gluten pasta.

 chopped up chicken and mixed in with the pasta
 Vahlah, I can't describe how yummy this was.  Sure, we're had similar dishes with store bought canned pesto...NOTHING LIKE THIS!!!!  DELICIOUS and VERY HEALTHY made from scratch!


2 comments: