Wednesday, August 8, 2012

As if I Have Time To......

 ....have a new tire put on my car.  This morning when I was driving into work, I was on the freeway going 70mph when I hit a big pothole...correction, not a pothole a CRATER!......my car bounced up and starting shaking as I was driving.  I'm no dummy, so I slowed down to 60mph and realized I probably had bad tire damage.  When I got to work at HQ I looked and sure enough I did, a miracle the tire didn't blow!  I'm not ashamed to say I said a quick prayer to God that my tire wouldn't blow out causing an accident, and only then was when I knew I was safe, but I admit was still VERY irritated b/c come on, it's the interstate I was on, what is a big crater doing on the state interstate where folks are driving 70mph.  If I was on the moon I would have been fine, but come on...I'm on planet Earth......Oklahoma roads stink.   We can afford a pro basketball team, but can't afford the fix our roads.  Where's the wisdom folks.  ANYWAY, ha, ha, so tonight Sonia and I are going on more wedding shopping errands, so I had to take my car on break from HQ today to the tire shop and get a new tire on!  Buying a new tire was ok, having to take the time to buy the tire messed up my schedule.  I'm hosting Sonia's bridal shower tomorrow night and wanting to go shopping for that while she was NOT with me, but now I will have to try to do it tonight along with the wedding shopping with her.  Oh, well, a funny story to share that has probably happened to all of us once or more if you live in Oklahoma.  :-)!

No comments:

Post a Comment