Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Made From Scratch Tomatoes & Green Chiles

 Using the blessing of an abundance of fresh tomatoes from Sunflower Farmers Market....  .77 cents a lb!, I made from scratch tomato paste and made from scratch spaghetti sauce(recipes for those in last posts), and STILL HAD TOMATOES LEFT!, so I decided to make homemade tomatoes and green chiles!  It came out tasting identical to the store bought kind in the cans, so I must have accidentally put just the right ingredients in, but difference is, it's all natural w/no additives!
 skinned and chopped about 4-5 cups of fresh tomatoes.
 Chopped up three serrano peppers!  Beware, serrano peppers are HOTTER than jalepenos though!  I love spice! 
 Chopped one white onion
 Put in about 3 tsp minced garlic (I think!)
 Added sea salt to taste and mixed everything all together
 Transferred to stovetop sauce pan and brought to a boil over medium heat.  Once at boiling point, covered, reduced heat to low, and let simmer on stovetop for 2 or 3 hours.  I honestly can't remember if mine simmered for 2 or 3 hours!
Finished made from scratch Tomatoes and Green Chiles.  Delicious, Hot, & so Spicy!

No comments:

Post a Comment