Thursday, March 20, 2014

More Thank You's in Order!

 Yesterday, I succumbed to the flu that has been going around HQ.  I thought it was allergies, but wow, it was the flu!  Sore throat, barely able to talk or swallow, can't breathe through the nose, too weak to do anything but lay down....etc!  Getting sick is not normal, but sometimes our bodies fail us when physical laws that make them work are broken unintentionally.  I've been ingesting, ginger, garlic, (both infection fighters) black tea, pineapple, and hot totties...
ABOVE:  My mom is SO NICE!  She made me homemade soup loaded with fresh garlic...and knock you out hot serrano peppers.  Perk to being all grown up and having your mom as one of your next door neighbors!  She's a beautiful lady inside and out!  Thank you mom!!!
 Last weekend, a just lovely lady, Valerie J. gave me this gift.  She went through her late mother's belongings, and found this, and was so unselfish and gifted it to me....aka lady bug jewelry as a way to remember her mom.  The past few days have been hectic for me,....cleaning, dinners, parties...regular work....concert....trying to start deleavening my house and car while working...not easy.  No wonder I got sick, but the positive is it made me stop.  I had time to finally open Valerie's card and gift yesterday when I first fell ill.  Valerie, words cannot express how much this gift means to me, and how much more respect I have for you.  Only a truly beautiful woman would be thinking of others when you have just lost your mother.  I love you like a sister.  THANK YOU!  It's so true, Texan's always stick together in the end!  THANKS AGAIN!  I need to do something for you and Mark!
Not sure what I'm thanking her for yet, but BIG THANKS and HUGS to Mrs. Flurry for a "mystery gift" that Paulette told me that you delivered to my desk yesterday not knowing I was out sick.  Paulette wouldn't reveal to me what the gift is, so that is motivation to get well, and see what "shiny gift" you left me.  Thank you so much for thinking of me.  God definitely gives us what we need, and I must have needed to slow down, and maybe needed some encouragement too.  Life can be so fast paced sometimes.  Thank you again.  You know from the time I was a little teenager in your PYC dorm back in the day that you helped me to be where I am at today.  I will NEVER forget that!  Thanks for still being so loving and caring to everyone.  You are so Proverbs 31!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Y'all. Still can't taste or smell, but energy level is "everyday" back to normal. I always scare ppl at how much weight I abnormally lose when I'm sick....guess my body is water, ha, ha...and then it goes on dehydrate mode and I wither away. Oh well, works for me! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete