Sunday, October 20, 2013

Conner Brown Doing Home Repairs to My Place

 Friends like Conner and Melinda Brown are rare jewels!  They gave up their Sunday to come over to my house to fix a busted pipe and ended up fixing some other things for me!  THANK YOU ALL...you classically rock!
Long story short...I came home from work one day last week and one of my rooms was flooded and I heard water gushing out from somewhere inside my wall, ...aka a pipe was busted inside a wall.....so I called my brother who came over and showed me how to turn all of my water off.  Great having family so close by!  Melinda Brown, a friend of mine since 2nd grade emailed me about something, and I emailed her back about my flooding prob....didn't ask for help, was planning on figuring out how to fix on my own....next day she emailed and said she told her husband Conner, another loooong life childhood friend of mine, (we all grew up in Texas together) and that he wanted to fix it for me.  WOW!!!!  I owe them BIG TIME!
ABOVE and BELOW:  Conner Brown starting to "put a hole" in my wall connected to my shower.

 Conner and Melinda's son, Alec, watches his daddy work.
 Melinda watches her two favorite men work on cutting a hole in my wall.
 Ta da!....and we have a "hol-e" wall!  :-)
 They are raising their son to grow up to be a real man.  I love that!....Alec shows me that he can be strong and handy like his daddy in these pics!



...and just like that, Conner fixes my busted pipe,  buys a pop out panel, so now I can open my shower wall anytime I need to, and installs it.  Sweet! ....talk about Conner being a great handy man around a house!!!

 ...and then, thanks to little Alec, Conner discovered my master bath shower door was off the track, so he fixed it too along along with some other things around my house that needed fixing.  Fantastic friend!


 Melinda watches her husband proudly, and rightfully so, as he finishes fixing my shower door!  I am so blessed to have wonderful friends in life that I have known almost my entire life!  Not a fun day, but yet it was fun spending it w/friends though it was a house work day!  Highlight of my day is when I started singing "London Bridge" and little Alec told me it is a "stupid song....talking about a bridge"  His words...ha,ha....he really liked Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star though.  Duly noted!  :-)

...and here's a short video of Conner starting to cut into the shower wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment