Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Oklahoma Wind Storm Damage Photos

Drove around different neighborhood taking photos of wind storm damage. This tree had fallen on 2 cars in these people's driveway



Wow, can't believe I slept through this storm


Down tree in someone's yard



I stopped while driving on a main street, not something I do everyday!, and got a picture of this torn down privacy fence



See this bent street sign



Tree equipment cleaning up a neighborhood



You can see a downed small tree in the back of this house




Poor tree, Peace Out Tree!



Wow, this brings new meaning to "branching out on a limb" Wow!


We had a major wind storm last night....weird, like a tornado with strong, destructive winds, but with no funnel. I LOVE taking candid shots, so today, since we were out of electricity for most of the work day, I went out to nearby neighborhoods and shot photos of the damage. Everyone was telling stories of how last night when the storm came how they were taking cover, well, silly me, I slept through the entire storm and only found out a storm had been through when I noticed the electricity was out...and as I was driving into work saw downed trees, yeah, full trees, not just limbs, big trees were completely uprooted. I can't believe what a deep sleeper I must be! Wow, glad God proctected me in my deep sleep. Here's some candid shots of the damage around town! Not best, I took with my cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment