Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving Day!

 Our thanksgiving went well.  As usual, it was hosted over at my brother and sister in laws home.  It was a bit different this year though b/c my mom wasn't there due to her heart condition, and my dad who just turned 73 last week wasn't there b/c he wasn't feeling all that great, but we made sure they had their Thanksgiving meals even though they weren't there.  I'm thankful this year to have both of my parents still around after a tough year of health trials, and I'm thankful for my niece livening up things in the family with her lovely persona.  :-)
ABOVE:  I used early Thanksgiving morning to finish off my first crochet project and my very first original crochet CCoatsOfManyColours! design that I started over at Ms. Greaser's place a few weeks back, so thanks to Ms. Greaser for her fab crochet teaching skills.  My first project is the above cowl that I made for my niece who is shown holding her new handmade gift below.  The weather has turned bitterly cold, so I just finished it just in time for her.  Hopefully she will like it and it will keep her nice and warm.
 BELOW:  After I finished my niece's cowl I set off on an adventure to paint what I have nicknamed "The Fun Room" in my house.  I got it all painted except that one wall needs a second coat of paint on it, so I will do that this weekend.  It's purple with an accent wall of brown.  I really like it.  Now I have to decorate the room with some hopefully sweet plans that I have come up with  It looks good on my sketch "blue print", but hopefully will look as sweet for real.  I can't wait to finish it this weekend!  I'll post pics of the finished decorated room hopefully sometime Sunday if it all works out.  By the time I had the room all painted it was time to clean up and throw my little green bean casserole in the oven for Thanksgiving, and when that was done, it was time to head over to the bro and sis in laws for dinner.

 Photos from our Thanksgiving meal.













 Putting words into Sophia's mouth:  At the ripe old age that I am, I've finally learned what it's like to be a star.  You just have to deal with it and let the paparazzi take photos of you without fighting it.  Even when you are trying to take a sip from your sippy cup you are caught on camera, but it's okay.  I love my Aunt and I know she loves me, so I just let her snap away.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment