Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The Fun Room and a few Pics from the Ice Storm

 After living in my house for 11 years I FINALLY was able to turn my "Fun Room" into what I had envisioned for awhile.  It is the last room in my home that I planned to "fix up."  This room has been called "The Fun Room" over the years and has been various childrens favorite room in my house, but it was bland looking and though it looked organized, really it was just toys neatly arranged in corners on the floor etc.  This is just a physical joy, but it's a small little goal that finally got done.  I still have to hang wall decor such as a painting or picture on the wall, but that is yet to be decided.  The next few pics are of a little fun "stage" for children to play on or for karaoke singing for adults.  I have a real mic as shown, I just need to get the mic stand for it to finish this corner off.  I will wait until one pops up in a thrift store as that is how this room is mostly decorated.

 In another corner I have children's coloring books, markers, paint, crayons, etc in a basket.
 On top of the children's art corner, I have my favorite board game, monopoly, for adults to play if they so desire.  This room kind of doubles as a child and adult fun room.

 The mic and how the room looks with the light turned off except for the fun stage lighting.
 On the other side of the room is the mini pool table.  I found it at the thrift store for $10.  I was soooo excited!....These things usually cost about $200 to $500 for a mini pool table depending upon the make.  Full sized pool tables can cost $2000, so this was a definite blessing for my room b/c a full sized one wouldn't have fit  At least I think it was a blessing as I didn't go looking for a pool table, one just literally dropped in my lap so to speak.  The balls are quite a bit smaller but made out of the same material for the mini version, so it makes the skill level and playing almost exactly the same.


 I made my own triangle out of cardboard.  I wasn't about to buy a triangle that would have cost more than I paid for the table.  LOL!

VIDEOS of the first shot of pool in the fun room.

My mini pool sticks have the perfect name above.  :-)
Below:  Another corner in the fun room has stuffed animals and dolls for children to play with.  These things are compliments of children who have been through my home, left their toys in donating them to me.  LOL!  A few of the dolls and stuffed creatures were actually gifts to me.  :-) Anyway, this is just a small thing, but it's exciting to have it done though it is just a physical temporary small joy!  My house is now done on the inside interior decorating 11 years in the works!
BELOW:  The ice storm from last weekend was damaging, but it was so beautiful I bundled up, braved the elements, and took some snapshots.

 Below are some photos of miracles.  The next three are of a tree that was leaning towards falling on my car, but it collapsed last minute alongside it barely touching it.


 And this photo is of a tree by the house that collapsed the opposite direction of the roof.  Another miracle and this tree needed trimming anyway, so there you go.  :-)  (Obviously it will need more trimming in cleaning it up, but oh well.)  :-)  Apparently one of our great Pyrenees dogs wanted to model in some of my pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment