Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Making Almond Milk and Almond Flour

 Aimee Goulet came over and made some almond milk at my place this week and at the same time showed me how to make almond flour.  I make brown rice milk from scratch, but I've never made almond milk or flour the way that she does, so she did the demonstration for me, and it's very similar to making rice milk in some ways.  The only things with almonds is that you have to soak them for a day or two in water before pulverizing them.  Thanks to Gladys W. for letting us use her Ninja blender. 
 Step 1 was to soak the almonds
Step 2 was to pulvrerize the almonds in the food processor with a little bit of water added.  Not too much, just a little
Step 3 was to put the pulvertized almond dust into a sieve/cheese cloth and squeeze the milk out into a container
Step 4 was to take the leftover almond pulp after all of the milk was squeezed out and place it into my dehydrator, dehydrate it for a few hours, and voila I made almond flour for the first time.  Yeah!  I really like this.  You get the milk and the flour in one production.

Finished almond flour!  Ready for use!  This excites me.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment