Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Holding Down the Fort During Robbers Cave--Chili Cook-Off, ETC! :-)

 Above:  This is what the parking lot of HQ looked like after 4PM the Friday during Robbers Cave.  There is the security car in the mid-right, my car, my brother's truck, and Ms Dawson's car.  Classic pic.  :-)
I have to say that for those of us who stayed and "held down the fort," that HQ was busier than the years past while many are away at RC, at least for me as I can't speak for everyone.  In the past, it's been pretty quiet and dead, but this year more staff stayed behind then ever I think anyway, and one day it was busier than a normal day.  I guess it's proof of the Work growing which is exciting.  I can't say I had a big break with most gone to Robber's Cave like I had been use to in years past, but working in a partially empty office was a different kind of fun.  :-)  I hope that everyone who went to RC had a well deserved break though which is what it is really all about.

Below:  While everyone was gone we had a Chili Cook-off at the field house thanks to Dave and Shandise Brown and Ramona Larsen who hosted it.  I didn't make any chili to enter into the cook-off, but I opted to bake a cake and bring it to use up leavening agents.  Many people did make amazing chili though.  In the end, Deepika A. won first place for her Indian Chili, and Brandon and Ivory N. won 2nd place for their chili cooked in wine.  No one knew who had made each chili until the results were read.  Originally it was a tie, and a tie breaker had to be done.  Ironically, Ivory said she voted for Deepika's chili which gave Deepika the lead over hers and Brandon's though she didn't know whose chili she was voting for.  We teased her about that!  :-)  It was a great extended family filled evening!  :-)  Below are pics from it.
 Above:  Ramona and Shandise.  Our hostess with the mostess  :-)
Below:  Ivory smiles right after the results are announced.  :-)

 Above:  Alec smiles.  Love this kid!  :-)
 Above:  Loving how the newly wed Brandon's were dressed alike.  :-)
Below:  Luke H. told me he had photo bombed my pic with the Jacques and Mark J. like any little bro would do, but he didn't know I was trying to get him in the pic, so it was a win/win situation.  :-) 

 Above:  I guess Melinda B. and Paulette C. got the wear purple memo.  :-)
Below:  Mr. Burks, Philip, and Dave chatting


 Above:  Deepika shooting a pic of Danielle
Below:  Bailey is gesturing b/c a few of us made a big deal over his coming out for the cook-off.  I tease and call Bailey home boy b/c he is originally from the same congregation as me back in East Texas, and he prefers not to venture out much, so when we see him out at something, it's big.  LOL!  Pete and James are his body guards it seems.  :-)

 Above:  It was so nice having the Anderson's in town.  Sweet family!
Below:  Dave right after announcing the two winners and Deepika with her gift bag.


 The teens/pre-teens and the chili!  :-)

Below:  Switching gears.....Friday night after B.S. Deepika and I decided to have dinner in which we had both missed beforehand; at IHOP.  It is difficult to find places open around here after 10PM, but IHOP is old faithful.  :-)  We both look tired, but consider the time frame.  Breakfast late at night.  Nourishment came before sleep.  :-)  I love spending time with Deepika.  She is a friend that you can have deep conversations with.



Below:  Swithing gears!  Sunday life was cleaning and getting my house ready for the upcoming HD's from top to bottom from morning until night!  Hard work, but half of my house is now finished!  I usually try to keep a neat house, but when cleaning this time of year everything gets pulled out.  Below is how the house is looking right now.  No guests are allowed until the other half of the house gets finished.  :-)  This is one of those pics in which I debated to post b/c I always try to make posts with a serving and sharing attitude rather than the typical "look at me" social media attitude as best as I can knowing I'm far from perfect which is the whole physical parallel to having to clean the place, but I try.  In the end I thought it would be fun to share the house is a mess pic. 
Busy past week on into the weekend, but fun was had as well.  Work hard, and I don't say play hard, but say play some to stay sane, and then back to work!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment