Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Game Night at the Vejil's

 A BIG THANKS to David and Jennifer Vejil for hosting a family building game night in their lovely home.  They've had these before, but it was the first time I had been to one.  The games and snacks were great, but what I really enjoyed was just a nice evening of spending time with some of the extended family in a relaxed environment.  Most of us are so blessed to work at HQ, so we see each other often, but when we're at work it's called "the Work" not "the fun", so it's nice to get together for relaxation after a work day.  We are so blessed to have a mix of married's with children, married couples, and singles all together.  These types of mixed get-togethers really help build the family.  Thanks again to the Vejil's!
ABOVE:  David V. and his super friendly son Heath
BELOW:  Philip N. and his super friendly daughter Nora

 ABOVE:  My favorite pic in the lot.  Alexander D, Alexis V. and Heath V. playing in the dirt.  Simple childhood fun like it use to be back in the good ole days.  :-)  It's always so refreshing to be around kids who are so happy and respectful b/c they are being raised God's way.
BELOW:  Our lovely hostess, Jennifer V, with the lovely Lisa H. and her son Tristan

 Trampoline Fun!  :-)
 BELOW:  Mike D. watches as his son plays outside.

 ABOVE:  Brent and Michelle smile for my camera before slaughtering me in a game.  :-)  Brent was the winner  He won after a long and semi intense two hour game we played.  Apparently, we played really slow, but it was a mind game, and most of us had never played it before, so we took our time.  I thought I had a great strategy to the game, but towards the end I was informed that I was accidentally cheating b/c I had missed one of wild card rules of the game, so after my not so brilliant game plan, pun intended; was stripped from under me, I sank hard without a life vest.  :-)!!!
BELOW:  Dan A., Gloria D, Aubrey, and Sarah playing another game.

 Patrick H.....like the hat BTW  :-)....Benjamin T, Josh S., and Tasha E. play another game.

 Adar N. and David with the game.


 BELOW:  While you were sleeping!  :-)  Hopefully Dan won't mind me posting this as he didn't have any idea I took this.  I think he is a good enough friend to not mind without me asking.  This pic was taken right before I left towards the end of game night.  If this is the last post that you ever get from me, then you'll know he minded.  LOL!  Dan is such a hard worker during the work day functioning as the Science Dept Head at Imperial Academy, and then he works in the Information Systems Dept in between classes at HQ, and also answers peoples phone calls with PCOG website questions out of kindness since he's that webmaster.  Busy man.  He deserved a nap!  :-)!

No comments:

Post a Comment