Monday, February 18, 2013

A BIG & FABULOUS FOOD POST!!!! :-)

Yesterday on Sunday was a 'thrilling" day for me.  I LOVE the culinary arts, understatement.  Since the cookbook has been out, I haven't been in my kitchen NEARLY as much, but yesterday I was in it all day and it felt great!!!  Had the honor of having my family minus my mom who was sick, the wonderful Mr. and Mrs. Brian Davis and family, love them, they are GREAT!!!!. AND...friends from my old Texas stomping ground, a friend that I grew up with since 2nd or 3rd grade and her family who drove all the way up from East Texas, 5 hour drive,  that morning to make it to the dinner on time before heading to Armstrong Auditorium for Queen Elizabeth's royal Scot band that performed there last night.  What a great day!  LOVE this post, It's all about COOKING....FUN!!!  All of my people pics, except the two shown below, shot during the dinner are on my password protected site of www.royaltruecolours.com.
 I REALLY like this pic of my sister in law!  She looks fab!
Savannah Brown smiles after just arriving....probably happy to be out of the car after the 5 hour drive from East Texas.  Love this pic!  That's one of my favorite gals!....but I'm biased, I've been great friends with her mom since l was like 6 years old, so it's a given.  :-)  You know you're not 18 anymore when your friends child is older than you were when you met their mom!  :-)!

Ummm...long story short, I accidentally caught this potholder on fire...flames were coming from it, pic does not do it justice...had to pour water on it to put out flames.  Me and fire!  :-)
 Making crust for tiramisu cheesecake!
 Crust all done pressed in springform pan, and ready for the filling
 Preparing the cheesecake filling!....It was tiramisu flavored, so of course I had to put coffee liqueur in it!
 Grated chocolate to put on top of the cheesecake
Cheesecakes baking in oven.  Trick to keeping cakes moist, put pans of water under the cakes as they bake, shown, in the oven.

 The coffee liqueur used in the cheesecake.  I'm not a coffee fan, but yummy!
 My homemade finished tiramisu cheesecakes.  Was happy with them.  Also, Melissa Brown baked cookies shown.

 Tons of chicken breasts ready for the oven!  I used one of my own recipes that is featured in our cookbook, Cookbook of Culinary Elegance.  This chicken seems to be a fav of people.
 Added turkey bacon to chicken when chicken was about 15 minutes out from being done.
 I think I like taking "while cooking in the oven" pics!
 A close up the chicken all done.  YUMMY, and the Italian broccoli dish too.
 Chopping up fresh tomatoes for the side veggie dish.
 Moving things out and around in my formal dining room and kitchen in the above and below pics.

 The finished Italian broccoli dish!
 Oops out of sequence....sauteing tomatoes and garlic, and basil for the veggie dish.


No comments:

Post a Comment