Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Egg Designing


I've had house guests this week and it's been fun coming up with HEALTHY new recipes to whip up. (As of two months ago, I started making, for myself, a new cookbook filled with completely and totally healthy yet delicious recipes. It's been fun!) Anyway, this weekend, I didn't feel like making my homemade from scratch breakfast sausage, so I cheated and did use turkey bacon in the eggs, but a little unhealthy every now and then won't kill 'ya. I simply LOVE breakfast and go crazy with it when I have time. Anyway, I'm just terrible at making omelets that stay in once piece from the skillet to the plate, so I don't even try anymore....just make egg scrambles, or egg casseroles in the oven. This is a picture of a stovetop egg scramble from this week. I mixed it with green onions which are very healthy in a diet by the way :-), mixed in diced ORGANIC tomatoes; mixed in diced fresh garlic, and some other very healthy things and wow, the eggs came out yummy. I was wishing I had more, but I can't be a gluten! :-) Here's a photo of my latest "egg designing." Eggs are one of the healthiest foods people can eat. I have just found that out recently when I went on my health food kick. That's so great since eggs are easy to jazz up! (BTW--for family and friends reading this, this is a picture of my house guests plate...I'm still being good and NOT eating bread so you don't think I'm being bad. :-) )

No comments:

Post a Comment