Monday, October 31, 2011

Cooking For My Parents


I spent the weekend at my parents. I cooked them dinner, with a creative what I call "Southern African American/Italian dinner." :-) I cooked turnip greens but seasoned them with Italian Seasoning...aka basil, rosemary, oregano...etc....and then I put tomatoes in the greens and let them cook down. I also cooked steak and seasoned it also w/Italian Seasoning, and served it with red wine...my parents were NOT sure if they would like it...I love being adventurous with food and sometimes I end up with something fantastic and other times it's a big flop. Being that my dad is a chef, he'll be honest...final result is in the picture...My Dad and Mom both said they really liked my crazy dish.....they were both surprised they liked it b/c they didn't think that they would ......all they said is that they would have added sugar to the greens, but I can't have sugar, so they were subjected to no sugar. Ha, ha! Successful "throw it in the pan and mix it up recipe!" Trust me, my parents are the honest type, if they didn't like it, they are picky and would have told me, so the fact that they liked it means it's an alright dish....and so HEALTHY too! Yeah, new recipe to add to my new "Carolyn Healthy Eating Cookbook.!"

No comments:

Post a Comment