Sunday, January 24, 2016

Ebony and Ivory in Perfect Harmony! :-)

ABOVE:  Video
BELOW:  Candid Shots
I am so excited.  For the first time in a long time I'm back in the saddle of taking piano lessons.  I took them as a kid from age 7 to age 13, and then later in my late teens and early 20's; and now it's a blessing to be able to have the opportunity to grow in this again.  Elyssia L. is so willing to teach me and I can already tell what an excellent teacher she is. I should be embarrassed, but for the first time I finally used one of the BFMH practice rooms for the piano lessons on the AC campus.  It's like a whole other world in there.  :-)  It will take a lot of practicing at home outside of  "class time" to chip away the rust to restore the shiny state underneath, but it should be well worth the effort. It will probably be a lot more "fun" to practice with my ipad instead of loose sheet music as that will be new to me this time around. The first "homework' assignment that I was given for this week is 4 pieces to learn.  They aren't too complicated, but I will have to learn them in 7 days.  The plan is for me to become a better skilled sight reader. They may not be living right now, but Bach, Mozart, Chopin, and Kabalevsky will keep me busy this week.  The plan is to keep a piano update on my blog every week.  I'm sure I'll miss a time or so in keeping updates, but it will be neat to see what progress is being made.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment