Sunday, January 3, 2016

A Lovely Saturday Night Dinner During MinCon

 This past Saturday night dinner was so lovely.  Thanks to my brother and sister in law for letting me co-host in their home with a mix of visitors and locals including minister's families, deacon's families, congregational families, singles, visiting teens, and AC students.  A fabulous and lovely group that we were so honored to host.  It has taken me living to my mid 30's to figure out an easier way to host, but I have finally figured out that having a ton of crock pots makes hosting a big dinner made simple and pretty easy.  Beef in wine sauce in crockpot, mashed potatoes in crockpot, etc.  It is such a blessing to be able to hostess and get together with extended family like this.  It's something that I hope I never take for granted.  Thanks to Arianne, Claire, Stephanie, Ansley, and my sister in law for helping to plate the food how I had envisioned.  These ladies are precious jewels to say the least!...helpful, smart, talented, and most importantly Godly women.  Special sisters!  Thanks to my brother for being such a Godly man as well.
ABOVE:  Sophia giving me the "Sophia cool look" posing by the lovely Claire who is in town visiting her sister Arianne.




 When you have lactose intolerant around including yourself as well as a few guests, and you try to be seasonal with your food...it's winter......you come up with making apple cider cake.  It got good reviews, but my niece gave it a definite thumbs up b/c she ate as much as she was allowed.  Sweet tooth niece!  :-)

TWO FUN VIDEOS of the dinner.  Pardon my bad camera skills.  :-(  :-)!



More PHOTOS
Mr. Harper chatting with Mrs. Welsh and Samuel.  I really like this pic of Gladys.

 Above:  Cory.  He may usually have the cool look going on, but he's a really amazing extended family little brother.  Very thoughtful and hardworking.
Below:  Stephanie and Danielle. These gals are super special.

 Above:  Rebecca, Mrs. Szabo, and Kaleb.  More special people as well as the people below.
Below:  Claire, Arianne, Rishanna, and Justin.  Loving Rishanna's smile.  :-)

 The lovely Joella and Rachael, oh and Daniel too with a cool guy look going on.  :-)

 Above:  Samuel doing his best to try to discourage me from taking his photo, and Ansley and Reese.  Not to sound cliché but all of these people are wonderful.  They really are.
Below:  The Harper's boys, Maree, Mr. Kennedy, and my brother.
 Jeanette found herself a fun kitchen gadget to entertain herself.  ;-)


 Above:  I think my sister in law is trying to hide from my camera.
Below:  I really think these ladies are wonderful.  Mrs. Kennedy from Australia and Mrs. Harper from Florida.



 Above:  Mrs. Szabo who is an amazing lady.  As a deacon's wife she is always serving, so I hope she enjoyed herself and was able to sit back and relax for once.  :-)
Below:  One of the best friends that I have ever had, Gladys.  Always sharing and giving, etc.





Sophia looks like she loved all of the attention.

The amazing Mr. Welsh with his son Daniel.


 The brethren in Australia are so blessed to have Mr. and Mrs. Kennedy serving them.  They are both so lovely.

The beautiful Harper family.  The brethren from Florida are so blessed to have the Harper's serving them as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment