Thursday, July 2, 2015

"Friendly" Post

 This week seems to be a week of thinking on the blessing of true friends!  The other day, I randomly out of the blue received the above card in the snail mail from an unnamed by me guy (brother) friend who graduated AC a few years ago and whose sibling graduated this past year.  He gave me permission to blog it.  It was totally unexpected.  The things that he wrote in it were so nice and encouraging, but that almost made me not post it b/c it could come across as vanity and I don't want that, but I decided to post it b/c I did like it and wanted to share it b/c I think it sets such a wonderful example of what an "extended family member brother" can do for a sister, and how encouraging that can be.  I'm so thankful to know so many real men in life.  Receiving the words in this card meant a lot.  If you want to read it, you can simply click on it.  :-)
 The other day, Jordy Rouzer and I had another bitter sweet moment.  We moved the rest of our friend, Jamie Hawkins', things off campus and into my house for temporary storage since it looks like Jamie won't be back for now.  We will miss her, but I'm so happy to see God blessing her now elsewhere for the time being b/c she is a hard worker, and I have to say, her brother in law, Detric Benton, and her sister Amber are amazing.  Hopefully they won't mind me "singing their praises."  :-)  It's nice to see strong families like that.  Her brother in law started his own business and is very successful at it, and is helping Jamie out not only job wise in helping his company out, but in many other ways like housing etc.  It's so wonderful to see that!  What a man!  Her sister is an amazing wife and mom.  I've seen her in action when they visited HQ.  So feminine.  In the meantime, Jordy posed above for Jamie like we were working so hard in transporting her things!  Jordy is another young lady who is exceptional.  That gal has class, personality, character.  I won't even start or I could keep on going.  Amazing gal!


 ABOVE  Last night, Deepika Azariah and I used a girls night out to be productive and begin planning our pre-FOT trip to Hollywood.  We're both not big into the stars b/c we have bigger things in mind :-), but it will be a great opportunity to see that iconic place.  We got our plane tickets all booked as well at an excellent price.  Deepika is one of those rare jewel friends.  Even though our girls night was business, it was still nice to spend time together after work.
 Not to seem too much into physical things, but anyone who has Gladys Welsh as a friend is so blessed.  She is so giving and so Proverbs 31.  She is always thinking of how she can help her friends and others, and finds some what I think are really out of this world deals.  She bought me this dress this week which still had the price tags on it, but she got it for way, way less than the tag shows.  Wow!  What a friend!  Of course the dress, a physical thing is nice, but it's the thought that counts and knowing that I have such a wonderful and lovely friend in her!  A great week realizing even more than ever the blessing of friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment