Thursday, December 25, 2014

A Very Wonderful "Staycation" Week!

ABOVE:  Grandma and Sophia's hand.  This pic was totally not staged...they were "naturally" sitting like this.  Too adorable! 
This week has been so productive, yet peaceful.  I spent good quality time with Sophia, visited with my parents for a bit, finished with the "brain work" and desktop publishing of my Bible flashcard game though I haven't had them printed yet, finished sewing the two table cloths and napkin gift sets for friends as I had run out of thread last week, and  my house is all clean for this weekend and it's only Thursday!  What a great week!  The only thing I have left on my "staycation bucket list" is to practice my flute and piano a little bit.....I only have 1.5 days left, but it might happen.  :-)
BELOW:  Sophia seems to really like to hold Aunt Carolyn's hand when she gets the chance.  She's so cuddly.  I love it!  Her hand is soooo tiny.  It fits neatly around my little finger.  :-)

I love this video of me singing to Sophia b/c Sophia's wrapped in a royal blanket and looks so royal in the top video and looks like she's enjoying the song a lot.
Below:  Grandma is burping Sophia and she is just so gorgeous!


 ABOVE:  Grandma with Sophia
BELOW:  Grandma caught Aunt Carolyn with the niece who was in a VERY deep sleep.





More fun videos with Sophia




Mommy's back!  Time to go back home Sophia!  :-)

Switching gears, literally with the sewing machine  :-)
Finishing up one of the napkin/tablecloth wedding gift sets for some friends....Last week, I had gotten to the last napkin when I ran out of thread.  I still had the two tablecloths to sew which I got done this week.  Yeah!  I hope their recipients will like them.

I really love the blue color.  I almost used a different color for the napkins, but I think it looks so regal and royal all in one color.  I went according to their color theme.

 Below:  finished this other napkin and table cloth set for another couple.  I went two toned for theirs.....champagne colored tablecloth with brown napkins.  I think theirs looks more regal with the two tones.  Hopefully they will like!




 The Tablecloth/Napkin Sets all Gift Wrapped and ready to go out.

Below:  A sneak peek of my flashcards though you can't see my fun point system...with the memory scriptures being the highest in the point system when the answer is correct.  I obviously had to be careful about what I posted on these, but here are few examples of the categories:  memory scriptures, Israel history, Interesting Bible Facts....etc.  There are hundreds, literally of cards.  It's so exciting!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment