Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014!

Thanks to my brother and sister in law for hosting a fabulous Thanksgiving Dinner!  The conversation and food were wonderful!  Having family and friends is one of life's biggest blessings after knowing and having God in our lives first.  We are so blessed!
Back Row L to R:  Benjamin T., my bro and sis in law, my mom, my dad, Mr. and Mrs. Heyer/ Front Row L to R:  Kayla T., Maria G., Melissa B., Jamie H., and Aimee G.
ABOVE:  A group pic of the "extended family."  :-)
BELOW:  Kitchen prep/chat

Above:  My dad and Mr. Heyer chat
Below:  The AC gals fellowship though Jamie was doing her best to not be seen in the pic.  :-)

Sophia with Granddad.  She is looking at me like, Really, Aunt Carolyn.  Do you ever not have a camera on you and "paparazzize" me?  :-)
The dinner.  No further comment necessary.  :-)

Aunt Carolyn and Grandma trying to put Sophia to sleep for her Mommy so her Mommy could enjoy Thanksgiving.  The girl fought hard not to fall asleep.  Too much action was happening in her house.  :-)  Fun video's of our attempts to put her down can be seen at the end of this post.

Above:  My bro and sis in law relaxing in their home.
Below:  Only at AC are a group of Freshman friends happy to be Freshman.  :-)  Lovely gals and so kind and sweet!

Above:  Benjamin teaching the gals a game that he had.
Below:  My brother lighting a cool looking candle in his kitchen.

Above:  My mom actually let me take an intended pic of her.

BELOW:  VIDEO'S of Grandma and Aunt Carolyn trying to put Sophia to sleep for the night.
First Video:  Sophia apparently thinks that if she uses her fingers like toothpicks and uses them to prop her eyes open that will keep her awake, and guess what it did!  She's a fighter!  I guess the positive is that, that trait can be used in a great way to serve w/"sticktuivetiveness" when she is a bit older.
Mom and I sang "Are you Sleeping" to Sophia in French.  I'm no French expert, but I know enough to know that you don't pronounce the letter "S" at the end of words in French, but I sure did in this video when singing.  LOL.  The East Texan in me.  I love how Sophia is now thinking, if I look at Grandma really sweet, maybe she'll get into all of my baby cuteness and let me stay awake tonight.  :-)!  At the end, all she wanted was her Daddy to come and spend some time with her, and after she got daddy time in, she fell right to sleep.  So Sweet!  Daddy's little girl!

2 comments:

  1. Always a pleasure watching your photos, I am so happy for the Coats family and the added blessing of Sophia to the family. Thanks for sharing. Keep that smile Carolyn! :-):-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, Thank you! I hope you have a great week ahead!

      Delete