Monday, November 3, 2014

A Wedding Gift, Friendly Time, and Appreciation

 Latest CCoatsOfManyColours! design
This Sunday's extra homemaking project was sewing this new pillow design as a wedding gift for Jeremiah and Breanna Jacques.  I hope they will like it.  I went online to their wedding registry, and it looks like their home color theme is brown, sand, white, apple green, and teal, so I went with chocolate brown as the foundation color with golden accents.  The gold accent is for the royalty that they are.  :-)
 This custom design for them can be used as a bedroom sham set.....
 or, it can be used as a living room sofa pillow set...among other ways etc.
Hope it will go with their theme.  Like I did with my brother and sister in laws wedding, I will re-make this design for my Etsy shop.


 Going back to Saturday evening Jamie and I had a spontaneous kosher ladies evening out.  We found this chic, sophisticated sushi restaurant that we really liked.  They served fried sushi.  Sushi isn't my favorite, but if it's prepared a certain way I like it....and this was delish!  The question is, since it was fried, was it still really sushi?  :-)

 What we both had....in photo and menu
 We couldn't pass up each having a nice glass of champagne.  We toasted to the blessing of friendship.  I love that you can see the bubbles in this pic.  :-)
Below:  Only I would take a pic of the restaurant.  :-)  Such a foodie.  It was peaceful b/c we were pretty much the only ones in there at first, but by the time we left there was a large party of people.
 Nothing to do with this weekend, but below is one of Melinda B.'s crocheted hats that she made for me.  The 1920's and 1930's era style of dress is my favorite.  The 30's was a bit more conservative which is wonderful.  Women dressed so feminine back in the day.  I love the 30's flapper/bucket hat styles.  Ironically, I had on a 30's style dress too, so it worked perfectly to model Melinda's handiwork.

 Simple, but one of the best gifts ever!
Mrs. Aldrich got this for me as a FOT gift, and I knew I was going to blog it.  Not to show off with an attitude of  "look what I got" but b/c I think this is a really special gift b/c of what she wrote in the card.  She even got a card that looks like a designer purse.  She knows me!  I have to say Mr. and Mrs. Aldrich are so giving.  Way back when I graduated high school Mrs. Aldrich bought me a very expensive perfume gift set, and when my brother and I were the HQ singles coordinators back in 2004, Mr. Aldrich, back when he was single, bought us an expensive Paris pen set to say thank you.  I think they set a wonderful example of being thoughtful and mindful towards others.  The physical things are nice, but it's more of the thought behind it.
 Below:  I meant to blog this earlier, but hats off to Kiall Lorenz for being such a giving young man.  He's so young, and has been very helpful to both my dad and mom.  This FOT, unbeknownst to me since I was in Georgia, my parents car zonked out, and Kiall volunteered, took charge, and picked them up for services nearly every day of the FOT.  He even took them to restaurants after services giving up his own time to serve them, and being an AC student, he was already swamped in being busy with FOT jobs.  When I heard about this, I was so amazed and thankful that I gave him this box of chocolates.  I also gave Michael C. a box too for fixing my flat tire, but I've already given him props on my blog.  :-)

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! This set is so beautiful, and so wonderfully and skillfully made!! The colors are perfect, and it really has a regal, luxurious feel. We are very blessed to have such a creative and giving friend as you! Many thanks, Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it makes me happy that you all like it, and that it will work with you all's home decor. Congrats again! Your family is so special!

      Delete
  2. Carolyn, that pillow set is such a wonderful, thoughtful wedding gift! I'm sure Jer and Breanna will love it. It will go perfectly with the rest of their décor. I also totally agree that what makes a gift special is the meaning and thought behind it, more than the actual thing itself.

    Thanks for sharing on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so much more fun to make things for friends than just yourself! We are so blessed to have each other as extended family. I love you all too, and your entire family is just one blessed and lovely family!

      Delete